I love making really good food filled with fresh and nutritious ingredients. In other words, healthy cooking (and eating) doesn’t have to be boring. This quinoa bowl is nothing fancy, but it makes a great lunch or dinner and is filled with simple, beautiful ingredients.
Here’s what to do:
Preheat oven to 425° F
1. Roast Vegetables – I use beets, cauliflower and asparagus. You can use any of your favorites, but it’s good to have a variety of colors.
– Scrub beets, drizzle with grape seed oil, and season with salt and pepper. Wrap in aluminum foil. Roast until cooked through (approx. 45 minutes).
– Clean and trim asparagus and cauliflower and cut into bite sized pieces. Place on a sheet pan and toss with grape seed oil, salt, and pepper. Roast until cooked through (approx. 20 minutes).
2. Let the cooked beets cool, then cut off the tops and bottoms, peeling away the outside layer (this should come off easily). Cut the remaining beets into bite sized cubes.
3. Prepare quinoa according to package instructions.
4. Divide quinoa into bowls and season with fresh lemon juice, salt, pepper. Top with the beets, asparagus, and cauliflower. Sprinkle with shredded parmesan cheese. Add more lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
Voila! A healthy and satisfying meal.
That sounds delicious! Quinoa is my new favorite!